Sunday, January 3, 2010

Aldous Huxley

I wanted to remember this quote by Aldous Huxley-who by the way has many other brilliant quotes- which says that:
“Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

And with the time I had wasted in 2009, I thought to myself: "Was it an experience at all?" I think that I had many experiences in 2009.. and I hadn't completely wasted my time. But my life was definitely on the 'PAUSE'; that is my academic life, my work life, and that definitely put a 'PAUSE' on my future.
Then there comes the question 'WHY' did I waste time. I was indecisive, un-reasonably depressed, over-overwhelmingly lonely, helplessly lazy, and afraid of the future &about taking action.
Now the wise will ask 'WHAT WILL YOU DO ABOUT IT?' [in 2010]. This 2010 I must vow to take action, risks, manage my time well, work&earn money, volunteer, attend church, and gain more wisdom than forget them.
I am overly childish, and I realize more than ever now how inappropriate it is for a nineteen-turning twenty to be this idiotic.

A dream is only good when we aren't living a dream, living in reality is much better than living in a dream because living in a dream is like not living at all.

[my take on remembering something I read somewhere] Besides humans are social creatures and we can't dream forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Dear Diary,
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com